Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm Proud to be an American, Where at least I know I'm Free!


That song has been playing over and over in my head since I left the voting poll earlier this evening. No matter the outcome today, I'm so proud of my country and so proud to be an American.

I'm proud of my daughter April, whose signature I saw on the signature sheet showing me she's already voted.
I'm proud of my nephew Sean who voted today for the first time ever. (I saw his signature too)
I'm proud of little Matt who I saw in his work clothes, tired and dirty waiting patiently in line to vote.
I'm proud of all the poll workers tonight giving their time so that we can vote.
I'm proud of all the young couples that I saw tonight voting together.
I'm proud of my parents who I know went and voted today.
I'm proud of my dad that became a citizen over 20 years ago and votes faithfully and is so involved in politics.
Most of all I'm so proud of our military, it's because of them that we all have the freedom to vote.

NO matter who wins today, he's our President and I hope we all can back him fully and be behind him to better America and continue democracy for all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alicia! So glad you left me a note! Of course I remember you--we had some wonderful years together as a family with you at the funeral home. I will have to tell my parents you said hello, they will love that! So glad you got to see Matt too! We are all doing well, Nikki is almost 17, can you believe it?? Hope your family is doing great as well. Keep stopping by the blog for more updates and I will check yours as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!