Monday, November 10, 2008

How to spend a Sick Day

Today I stayed home sick from work. Something I ate yesterday kept me up all night singing praise to the Porcelain God. I got very little sleep, so even though I felt kind of ok in the morning, I was really tired and knew that it was going to be tough getting through the day. So I stayed home! A 3-day weekend, Whoooo hoooo!

I got plenty of sleep, paid some bills online, shredded a whole bunch of crap and found some really unique items on some really unique websites.

On Pooktre Tree Shapers I found some really unique “tree furniture. Such as the chair below. Some people have so much creativeness (is that even a word?) and patience. I know I couldn't do this. Follow their link if you want to see more.

This website features a photographer by the name of Nick Brandt. Nick’s photographs are of Africa and feature lots of zebras, lions, cheetahs, elephants and monkeys. There's a pic of a monkey actually posing. Nick says this about his photography, “My images are unashamedly idyllic and romantic, a kind of enchanted Africa. They’re my elegy to a world that is steadily, tragically vanishing.”

My favorite photo was this one. It really is idyllic and romantic and ethereal as well.
Ok, this one I love but have no use for as my kids are too old now for me to tie their shoes and I hardly ever wear shoes with ties, usually only when I play tennis. But "How to tie your Shoelaces" shows some really unique ways to lace up shoes, check it out, here’s a sample.


And at The Size of our World I was well…amazed at the size of our world. Makes you wonder about whether these is life on other planets since most of them are so much larger than Earth!


And if it boggles your mind too much to think about the grandness of the galaxy, perhaps this website is more your cup of tea. I tried to place all the states where they’re supposed to be, but pretty much I only know where the original 13 colonies are, California, Arizona, Texas, Florida, Alabama and Oregon are. Sad and pathetic I know.
Last but not least I found this amazing baker/artist at Mike's Amazing Cakes. They really do make the most amazing cakes, just like the one below.


Next time you have a sick day, go check out all these websites and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!