Sunday, July 13, 2008

Melissa

I think in our family, the family of my immediate two brothers, one sister and myself, we are done having babies. I think. I don't know for sure because one never knows right? But if we are all done, then the baby is a big deal, and you can't top the baby this post is about. Her name is Melissa and I'm ashamed that I don't know how old she is, I'm pretty sure she's two going on three. And she has had such a strong personality right from the get go!
I love her to pieces because she's such an ornery baby! Look up ornery in the dictionary and you get the following definition:

1. ugly and unpleasant in disposition or temper.
2. stubborn: I can't do a thing with that ornery mule.
3. low or vile.
4. inferior or common; ordinary.

When it comes to Melissa, definition #2 is the one that reminds me of her. And even though she's ornery, she's as cute as all get out ornery and I just love her little attitude. When I watch her I imagine that may be that was what I was like as a child. I know I grew up to be an ornery adult!
Here's a video of the little darling being ornery!


How's that for ornery? I just love when she runs away from me at the end just as fast as her little legs will carry her. What she had in her pocket was her brothers plastic soldiers and Hot Wheels cars and she didn't want me to take them away from her and give them back to her brother!
Here's a set of really cute pictures. Melissa is still being breastfed but they are trying to wean her and it's not easy because she's so demanding. In this next set of pictures, you will see her trying to get her grandfather, my dad who we all call Tata, trying to get Tata to breastfeed her. These just crack me up and if my dad knew they were on here he would kill me!

Picture #1 she's searching for something under Tata's shirt...



Picture #2, she's made Tata unbutton his shirt and she's still searching.



Picture #3 she obviously didn't like what she saw as she closed his shirt up all by herself!


As you can see...Tata was just delighted by her and loves her to bits, just like I do!

But in looking at this last picture, you see she's spied something on Tata's arm. A bandage and here's a little video since of course she could help ripping the bandage off Tata's arm and throwing it to the ground.




One thing about having a baby around, there's never any sadness when a baby is around. She keeps us laughing and I'm sure she will for many, many years. I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!