Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Iwanna Wednesday

I mentioned in this previous post that I'm going to try making my own jewelry because I'm sensitive to almost everything I wear, even nickel free stuff. Just this morning I had to take off some earrings because they were itching so bad!! I know that one of the reason's I'm getting more sensitive is because of the thyroid medication I'm taking, but I've always been sensitive.

I haven't figured out how to make earrings yet that won't hurt, but Iwanna start making my own necklaces with black silk cord.

Here's one I've already made and have worn. . .


What Iwanna today is to find some more beautiful charms. I'm not going to buy any unless I find them at thrift stores, yard sales or antique stores because it's just too easy to buy them brand new! That's what I did with the one pictured above...it came from Walmart. I love the thrill of the hunt!

But, since it's too hot to go shopping right now, I went shopping online in the comfort of my air conditioned home. What Iwanna today is to find charms/pendants similar to these:
Aren't these gorgeous? Green is my favorite color. I'm not a big fan of red except that I do love roses.

And this lovely little turtle? Doesn't he look like a sea turtle swimming in diamonds and flowers? Or maybe I like him because he reminds me of the turtle in one of my favorite movies, Finding Nemo. "Hey Dude, Awesome", "No hurling on the shell Dude!"


And these Victorian lovelies are so dainty and beautiful. I'd love a tiny little waist like these!



Here's another red one. I know I said I don't like red but I think this one would look beautiful on a black sweater, and I have to find some red silk cord, or maybe really thin red silk ribbon? I'm going to check out Michael's tomorrow at lunch.



This shell pendant is just so unique. I wonder if you can hear the ocean on the other side?


And Iwanna this one really, really bad! I would even buy this one brand new! I love the colors, I love butterfly's! So shiny and pretty!! You should be able to click on it and see it larger and in more details.
It's going to be so much fun on Thrifting Saturday to look for more charms. Which one is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. I like the one you made. I need to photograph the ones I bought last Sat.. I will probabley end up putting them on a simple chain, as they are pretty on their own.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!