Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Uncle Sam wanted Me! Well he wanted my money anyway!

Today I'm a good American...I filed my income taxes. Which means I paid taxes, even though I'm getting a refund "Thank God!". As with anything painful, if you can see the humor in it you can get through it; and I'm a firm believer in the silver lining concept. So here's some deep and some are funny quotes that make you think and put tax time into perspective. Enjoy!

  • “I am proud to be paying taxes in the United States. The only thing is – I could be just as proud for half the money.” — Arthur Godfrey
  • Ever wonder why the IRS calls it Form 1040? Because for every $50 that you earn, you get 10 and they get 40 ~ Anonymous
  • I just filled out my income tax forms. Who says you can't get killed by a blank? ~ Milton Berle
  • The tax collector must love poor people, he's creating so many of them. ~ Bill Vaughan
  • The only difference between a taxman and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain
  • Worried about an IRS audit? Avoid what's called a red flag. That's something the IRS always looks for. For example, say you have some money left in your bank account after paying taxes. That's a red flag. -- Jay Leno
  • Congress can raise taxes because it can persuade a sizable fraction of the populace that somebody else will pay. -- Milton Friedman
  • The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets. -- Will Rogers
  • Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss. -- Robert A. Heinlein
  • There's nothing wrong with the younger generation that becoming taxpayers won't cure. -- Dan Bennett
  • The only thing that hurts more than paying an income tax is not having to pay an income tax. -- Lord Thomas Robert Dewar

I guess when it comes right down to it, in today's economy the last quote really hits home for me. It hurts to pay taxes on my income, but it would be even worse to have no income at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!