Saturday, June 21, 2008

Salsa Roll-Ups

I tried making these today, they don't look hard, here's the recipe from kraftfoods.com:


Total Time:15 min
Makes:10 servings, two roll-ups each
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese, softened
3 Tbsp. TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
4 TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Flour Tortillas
1/2 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Four Cheese Mexican Style Cheese
chili powder
MIX Neufchatel Cheese and salsa. Spread evenly onto tortillas; top with shredded cheese. Sprinkle lightly with chili powder.
ROLL up each tortilla tightly. Cut each crosswise into five slices.
ARRANGE, cut-sides down, on serving platter.
Make Ahead
Prepare roll-ups as directed, but do not cut into slices. Tightly wrap each roll-up in plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 4 hours. Cut into slices as directed just before serving.


I didn't really think they were that great, but now that I posted the recipe I can see that I made one change and one total mistake. The change I made was to use Cream Cheese, not Neufchatel, but I've tasted Neufchatel and I don't like it, thats why I made the change. The total mistake I made is when I read the recipe, the last ingredient I thought said sprinkle with Shredded Cheese, so I used up the rest of the Medium Cheddar Cheese I had and I sprinkled with Cayenne Pepper for a little extra kick.

If I ever try this again I'll probably also spread in some diced up black to green olives and use the hot salsa.


Here's a picture of the ones I made. I think they may have cooked their tortilla's first also, although they don't say that in the recipe. Oh well, live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!