Sunday, March 1, 2009

Captivity ~ Day Six

Well today is my last day in Captivity. Tomorrow I have a doctor's appoint at around noon where they will do some type of a full body scan and check the radiation level in my system and then if all is good I can return to work Tuesday morning.

I gotta say, I had a great time being home. Even though I didn't feel 100%, 100% of the time, I still felt pretty good most of the time. I just wish I had been able to go out and do something fun. It was hard being home all week knowing that I couldn't just go over to my mom and dad's house and just hang out with them or go shopping with my mom.

But hopefully all this is behind me now and I won't even have to do this again. And I do have one more week's vacation so maybe I can head to Vegas or something exciting.

I want to thank everyone that made this so much easier for me. My mommy and daddy who called me every day and brought me milk and migas and chili beans and took in my poor homeless son Jim and fed him and cared for him. I want to thank my daughter April who texted me almost every night and sometimes during the day to see if I needed anything. My son Jim who also called me everyday and drove my car so the gas wouldn't get old in it :0) and who also brought me paintbrushes and delivered the chili beans. My sister Lisa who let me sleep late every morning and didn't call me to chat on her way to work the way we are used to, but who did call me around 9am just to make sure I did wake up that day. She also bought me vacuum cleaner bags, red potatoes and a red bell pepper which she knows is my fav! Thanks to my brother Fred for the daily phone calls and the Sweetarts, Pixy Stix and Macadamia nuts. Thanks to my nieces and nephews that texted me with sweet messages and offered to bring by anything I wanted and needed as long as they could just leave it on the front porch, :0)

Thanks to my sister in law Connie for texting me and making me laugh. Thanks to my coworker and friend Angelica for calling me and bitching about the office and for missing me terribly. If I forgot anyone know that what you did, the thoughts, the prayers have been greatly appreciated by me.

I have a plan already and if tomorrow they release me and tell me I'm no longer radioactive I'm heading for the Discovery Store and to my favorite Goodwill store! I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!