Monday, June 30, 2008

No Carbs Start Now

I started my "no carbs" diet. This is the 2nd time that I've been on it. I had great results the first time losing about 30 pounds and I stuck to it for about a year. So far I've done good on my first day.

Breakfast:
Two eggs, fried with salt & pepper 0 carbs
1 cup Ocean Spray diet CranGrape Juice 2 carbs

Lunch:
Tuna Salad with Lettuce, 1 T Mayo
1 tsp pickle relish, salt and pepper 5 carbs
8 flaming-hot Cheetos 3 carbs
(The Cheetos are not on the diet, but I had a whole bag in my desk drawer and I was craving something crunchy with my tuna)

Snack:
1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese 6 carbs

Dinner:
1 medium size hamburger patty
1 cup green beans fried with 2 carbs
1/2 small Roma tomato 3 carbs
1/2 large jalapeno 4 carbs

Total Carbs: 25 carbs

I should only have eaten 20 carbs during the induction phase of the plan, but in my defense, I did play tennis at 6:30 when it was about 95 degrees outside and I got a good sweat going. Granted I only played for about 1/2 an hour but hey, it's a start. So we'll see what tomorrow brings.

I know that tonight when I cooked my hamburger patty I cooked an extra one for tomorrow and I'm going to have that along with the other half of the green bean, tomato and jalapeno side dish.

I think the hardest part is giving up chips and popcorn, like right now I'm really craving some Cheetos! But I can't mess up the very first day so I won't.

I found a really good website I'm going to check out further, so this is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!