Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Iwanna Wednesday

Happy belated Easter and welcome to another session of Iwanna Wednesday. The only day of the week that I can Iwanna anything I wanna and no one can tell me I can't have it! Actually I can't have most of the things Iwanna, but you can't stop me from Iwanna'ing them :0)


This Easter while sitting around my mom's kitchen table with my family I noticed a beautiful necklace that my niece Alicia was wearing. It was a little birdcage with a little bird, something like this one.

I have a theory about jewelry that I have actually put into play and I have rules and everything but for some reason no one wants to follow my theory and it's rules.

My theory is all about giving your jewelry to someone that is lusting after it after they have admired (not asked, ADMIRED) it three times.

I started this a few years ago when I had this really cute bracelet that was costume, it wasn't expensive and it wasn't anything that was a gift from someone or had sentimental value...I just loved it. While out dancing one night, I made friends with a couple, Ruben and Raelynn. The first time I met Raelynn, she admired the bracelet. A few weeks later, she happened to mention to me how much she loved that bracelet again. I told myself and my date that the next time she admired that bracelet I was going to give it to her.

A few weeks later I ran into this couple and again Raelynn admired the bracelet and so I gave it to her. I told her that I had promised myself that if she admired it one more time, I would give it to her. She was THRILLED! She couldn't believe I was giving it to her. I just took it off and placed it on her arm.

And you know what? She became a BFF that very same day and I've received many a gift from her and Ruben, plus their true friendship...which is worth way more than that bracelet was worth.

So I have a coworker who wears this gorgeous costume necklace, gold with red stones and it's really long...Iwanna it!!! Big time. So I admired it once, then a few weeks later I admired it again, and yet a few more weeks later again...so that's like three times right?

Remember I said that I had rules to my theory?

Well rule #1 is that the third time someone admires a piece of jewelry, you have to give it to them as long as:
Rule #2 It's not expensive
Rule #3 It wasn't a gift from someone
Rule #4 It had no sentimental value

I explained all this to the coworker, and you know what she did? She said tough luck, you ain't getting it! I mean seriously, she now knows the story and the rules and she chose not to give it to me? You know what that means? That she doesn't want my true friendship forever and that she's just mean and selfish! :-)

So anyway, I admired my niece's necklace and she only has to wear it two more times in front of me and I will OWN that baby! Cause third times a charm. But just in case she's mean and selfish like my coworker, I decided to shop online for my own Iwanna Birdcage Necklace. I didn't find one exactly like Alicia's, but I did find these...










So beware of the Iwanna the next time she admires your jewelry...because third times the charm!


2 comments:

  1. Nina Ale. if you could (keyword could) wear fake jewlery I would indeed have given it to you on Sunday : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know you would have. It makes me happier knowing you read my blog than to have that necklace. Love you!
    Nina Ale

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!