Friday, December 19, 2008

More Christmas Decorating Pictures

Well I tried taking some night pictures of my Christmas tree and other decorations. They're not perfect, but a least they have that special Christmas time romantic glow.



Our house, is a very, very, very fine house.
With two cats in the yard,
Life used to be so hard,
Now everything is easy 'cause of you.


OK, well...so we don't have cats, but it's still a very, very fine house don't you think?




Here's a very special ornament that will be forever near an dear to my heart. It's a new one this year given to me by my favorite (and only) brother-in-law, Guero. He bought it for me at the beach the last time he took his family there. It's filled with sand and has a bunch of teeny tiny little shells and starfish. If you stare at it long enough you can hear the ocean..whoosh, whoosh, whoosh. See told ya! That was the ocean in your head!


And here's my mantle at night with the lights on. I forgot to light the candles, but still very pretty. See how those mirrored diamonds hanging on either side catch and reflect the light? I love them! A great investment.


And here's another very special Christmas display. Not just because it's the Nativity and you see Baby Jesus, but because this nativity was made by my mother's own special beautiful hands. She made them in a ceramics class she took many, many years ago. I believe at that time my daughter was only about a year old, so these would be 26 years old now. WOW! They are painted with pearlized paint and with these little clear lights it makes the figures shine in pale blues and pinks and purples. This is truly special to me.



Another view of the Nativity.


And I love this angel. She's supposed to have a tapered candle in the holder she's holding, but I didn't have any. This candle was given to my mom by my sister and my mom gave it to me because I guess she knows my sister doesn't like clutter and taking care of things and I would take care of it for both of them. My mother and my sisters hearts are both in this angel.


Oh and see the little shoe tree? Hee hee! A play on words, shoe tree. It's a Christmas tree with Barbie's shoes. My daughter April gave this to me for Christmas a couple of years ago. It's one of my very favs, I love shoes and barbie and it's a Hallmark ornament. She also gave me a Harley motorcycle which I failed to get a picture of. Maybe next year. But isn't it cute? A shoe tree, get it? Oh and the crystal tea light holder in the middle of the angel and the shoe tree is one of a set of two given to me by my dear friends Ruben and Raelynn for Christmas a couple of years ago. We're having dinner on Monday, I'll get some pics. And the other little tea light candle holder in the black wrought iron holder is another of a set given to me by my sister in law Connie as a housewarming present when I moved into this home. I use them year round, they just happened to be displayed with the Christmas things.




This is my Faberge Egg (it's not a real Faberge, but would you have known that if I had not told you?). So yeah, this is my very expensive, unique and one of a kind Faberge Egg. The ornament to the right is my "Miss Kitty" ornament. Remember Gunsmoke? And the whore with the heart of gold...Miss Kitty? This ornament reminds me of her because she always wore a feather in her hair.


And this is my chandelier ornament, given to me by April, my daughter. She knows me, I love glittery things! And she also gave me the heart to the right of it, that one is gold, a heart of Gold, pretty huh?

This angel was given to me by a friends I haven't seen in years named Susi. She was one of my study group partners when I went back to school to get my Bachelors. She gave it to me for Christmas one year. That's why I love giving Christmas ornaments or Christmas decorations because then for years and years at least once a year you think of that person when you see the gift she gave you. April also gave me the butterfly ornament, she's probably going to want all these ornaments back one day :-)

Here's another angle of the Heart ornament. Doesn't it shine and glitter beautifully?


Here's a further away view of the mantle. I have ornaments hanging from the crystal candle holders as well. I have a ton of ornaments on my tree and I still had some left over to put on the mantle. You see the silver things hanging down from the mantle? Again, more ornaments.
And last but not least...a couple of pictures of my Christmas Tree at night, with the lights lit up. There...I'm done with this post so I can go lay down on the couch under my electric throw and take a nap under the tree...Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!