Monday, September 22, 2008

Home Sweet Home


Well, today is a special day for two reasons, and my home is a home sweet home for two reasons. Reason number one for it being a special day is I went back to work today and I stuck it out the whole day although I could tell my butt was dragging by around 3:30pm, and that's what makes the number one reason for home sweet home. It was home sweet home to get home today and I sure missed my afternoon, recuperative nap on the couch *sigh*

Ok, reason number two for it being a special day is today is the day I moved into this house. My escrow closed last year on September 21st which was a Friday and I moved in the next day and spent my first night here that night...and now truly, this little house has become HOME, SWEET HOME!

This has been a very big deal for me. I really didn't know if I was going to be able to make the mortgage payments each month, but I did...and it wasn't all that tough. It was tough, but ...oh what the hell, it was tough, really tough and I guess that's what makes this day so special.

After I bought the house, each time I made a monthly payment I would joke with my loved ones about how I still had somewhere to live for at least another month. Now, with one year under my belt, I can look forward to having somewhere to live another year. From crawling to baby steps, not bad huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!