So for all you candy lovers out there I've found a great blog for you. It offers documented reviews of candy from around the world. You can find the link here http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/ and of course it's on my links listed in the right hand panel. Go see if your fav candy is listed. They also have a rating system and were not very generous in rating one of my fav candies, Red Vines, darn them!
A few interesting facts:
- The brand of candy that has the most listings on this website is Hershey's with 133 different types of candies. Next is Nestle's with 88.
- The U.S has listed 598 different varieties, with Japan being runner-up with 69 (What does that say about Americans?)
- The Ukraine, Taiwan, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Kenya and Peru all have only one listing. I don't think that means they only have one type of candy, but probably the reviewers have only gotten to sample one type from those countries.
- Mexico has 21. I know here in California, candies from Mexico are greatly loved. I went through the Mexico ones and I didn't see any of the ones that we can find in local "carnicerias" here in California.
Stay tuned for posts in the future about:
- Mexican candies we know and love.
- Mexican "dichos" or "sayings" we grew up with
- Mexican songs and lullabies
- Mexican holiday traditions