Monday, November 30, 2015

Pepper Jack Zoodles

What the heck is a Zoodle you may be asking yourself! Well it's a simple little Zucchini Noodle I make using my Veggetti. Ok, now you're probably asking what the heck is a Veggetti???

Let me explain and show you how I made this yummy dish right here.


This is super simple...first you buy one of these. You can find them on Amazon for a great price or usually any stores that has the "as seen on TV" displays. There are several other different kinds of vegetable noodle makers out there but this one works great and doesn't take up a lot of valuable kitchen space. Easy to clean too!

Veggetti on Amazon.com

Then you buy a zucchini (not pictured as we all know what a zucchini looks like right?)

Then you do this.



Here's a few tips. Wash the zucchini first and dry it so it won't be slippery as an eel and you end up noodling part of your finger in there... just saying! Also if you want super long noodles, just leave the zucchini as is. For shorter noodles cut lengthwise being careful not to slice the zucchini in half.

Once you have your Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles) place them in a microwave safe bowl and heat for about 30 seconds. Then take one or two depending on how much you are making and how creamy your want it, Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges, there's no science to this, just do what makes you happy! Place the cheese wedge in the bowl and heat again for 30 seconds, take out and stir and keep heating in 30 minute increments until it's all melty, ooey, gooey, cheesy! Then serve alongside your favorite protein. Today I had mine with left over Thanksgiving Ham!

Oh, another tip, Pepper Jack when it's heated is kinda spicy! So don't say I didn't warn you. But of course there are so many other flavors of Laughing Cow Cheese. There's Creamy Original, Swiss Garlic and Herb, Queso Fresco Chipotle, White Cheddar, Creamy Mozzarella Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil and French Onion. Most of them have only one carb per wedge. I plan to try these Zoodles again with one of each!

So here's another easy peasy low-carb/high fat side dish for when you don't have a lot of time. I Veggettied this in the morning before I left for work and heated it at the office! I'm all about the easy!

 

2 comments:

  1. The Veggetti is very cool. It reminds me of the great iconic Vegomatic..it slices and dices for $9.95, which Amazon still sells:

    http://www.amazon.com/Ronco-FS100200GEN-Veg-o-Matic-Chopper-Slicer/dp/B000HDJN9E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449270279&sr=8-1&keywords=vegomatic

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GniNeqSX5U

    Your zoodles look very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom had one of those Veg-O-Matic's! She used to make us french fries using that. I wonder what she ever did with it. I can see that would be great to use for lots of stuff. I watched the video and I can remember that it was a bit harder for my mom to push those blades through a potato! But that is very cool!

      Delete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!