Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween for the Dogs

It was a busy weekend! Yesterday I spent the day with my mom. She loves to go thrift store shopping but yesterday was definitely a bad day to go as EVERYONE was there trying to find last minute Halloween costumes. So we just had a nice lunch and picked up some groceries and came home.

Then today I went back into Bakersfield with my sister and we hit the Goodwill Bookstore and I found five interesting books! We had our favorite salad at Cocos Restaurant, the Asian Chicken Salad. It was so good! Then we did some grocery shopping again...well she did, I had gone the day before so I just went along to keep her company.

When I got back home my daughter reminded me that I had told her I would go with her to the Self Serve Pet Spa Halloween Event. So there I went...back to Bakersfield. But we had a good time. I hope you all remember her little Shih Poo puppy, Chorizo. She was a banana for Halloween.


She loves being around other dogs, and there were so many! It was a nice event and I hope they raised a lot of money and that some of the dogs that were up for adoption found good homes!

We then went to Banducci's Family Pumpkin Patch. In the mosaic above, the photo of Chorizo in the wagon was taken there. She loved being there because there were so many smells. They had pumpkins, other dogs, sheep, pigs, chickens and pony's. Her nose was working overtime. Plus I don't know if she had ever been around hay before but she loved the smell and the taste of it.

 
 
Here I am with Chorizo. I love the photo in the top right corner where I'm trying to take some hay out of her mouth and she's not at all happy with me!
 
 
She was one tired little puppy on the drive home and I was pretty tired too. So April and I took Chorizo home and then we went to our local Mexican food place and had dinner. It was a busy but fun weekend. Hope you all had a good weekend as well!
 
 
Linking up to Little Red House for Mosaic Monday. 

13 comments:

  1. What sweet photos! It sounds like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good weekend, but I didn't really get much of a chance to rest or blog...lol. So I'm kinda tired today!

      Delete
  2. Chorizo is adorable! Little dogs are so cute dressed up in costumes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many dogs at the event we went to dressed up! People are so creative!

      Delete
  3. Well Chorizo is cute, but the woman in those photos is hot. I like what you have done with your hair, you look very nice.

    The big blow has started. Still have power and the internet though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you Sextant! It's always better to be cuter than Chorizo...lol.

      Hoping you are well and weathering Hurricane Sandy. Stay safe my friend!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Blowing like hell out there, but still have not lost power. 9:00 PM EDT 10-29-12.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy, we think she's pretty cute too and a sweet little dog.

      Delete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!