Monday, September 20, 2010

Fine, Fresh, Fierce?

I've got a song stuck in my head and I can't get rid of it. It's Katy Perry and her song California Girls!
I’ve had that song in my head for two days and I can’t quit singing it.



California girls
We're unforgettable
Daisy Dukes
Bikinis on top
Sun-kissed skin
So hot
Will melt your popsicle
Oooooh Oh Oooooh

California girls
We're undeniable
Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
West Coast represent
Now put your hands up
Oooooh Oh Oooooh

And every time I hear it in my head I think to myself…Nuh Uh! I’m a California girl and I don’t wear daisy dukes and bikini tops! My pale, white office florescent-light drenched skin is far from making anyone’s Popsicle melt!

Fine, fresh, fierce? Oh honey…not even on a good hair day. I would represent but if I put my hands up you’d see my saggy underarm chicken-skin…not representing very well I’m afraid!

Sometimes I forget I'm not a girl anymore! Anyone else ever experience that? You look in the mirror and expect to see that fresh, young face from your youth and you wonder who that 52 year old woman staring back at you is?

Then I remember that I’m not a true California girl. I’m an Arizona girl transplanted to California!!! Oh, well yeah, that explains everything.


1 comment:

  1. When I was growing up, I always wanted to be a California girl, but the sunshine is not too terribly kind on their skin. All the women up here have misty complexions. I still would love to try surfing in Malibu sometime, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!