Thursday, August 28, 2008

I love Rachael Ray!

I used to love watching Rachael on the Food Network, but since buying my house, I've gotten rid of cable and so I don't get that channel anymore. I do get the Rachael Ray show on daytime tv, but since I'm at work at the time, I've never had a chance to watch. Well since I'm home recuperating from my surgery I've been watching a lot of daytime tv and I happened to catch a pretty decent Rachael Ray show today. I didn't like her decorating or hand-me-down segments, but the segments about packing school lunches and the quick dinner ones were great. I can't wait to feel better and for the weather to cool down so I can turn my oven on and make this great dinner!

Lunches first. I've been taking my lunch to work for almost a year now on a regular basis trying to stay within my budget since I bought my home. Usually I take leftovers from the dinner the night before, or I make a quick sandwich of turkey or bologna. But Rach had some pretty good ideas today.

The first recipe was for lunchbox chicken tender salad...so simple and it looked yum-o (as Rach loves to say). In the post above, you can actually see the show segment. The cool thing I thought was that Rachael packed all the plastic bags in a rectangular plastic box with a lid, then you just open all the separate bags and sprinkle into the plastic box, then the dressing, then you put the lid back on and shake the box to mix everything around!

Here are the ingredients, but watch the video on the post above this one.

Lunchbox Chicken Tender Salad
Ingredients
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 English cucumber, sliced in half lengthwise and cut into half moons
1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
4 chicken tenders, breaded and baked, then cut into pieces on a bias
1/4 cup honey mustard dressing
1 cup baked corn chips, crumbled
Yields: 1 serving
Preparation
Pack cherry tomatoes and cucumbers together in a re-sealable plastic bag. Pack remaining ingredients separately in your kids' lunchbox. At lunchtime, they can combine all the ingredients in a bowl to make a healthy chicken salad. Yum-O!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!