Friday, August 8, 2008

8-8-08 Olympic Fever Beijing, China

I started this post right as the Olympic opening ceremonies were beginning and I never wrote a word except the title above. I never came back to finish this post on 8-8-08 and I never came back on 08-09, 08-10, 08-11, or 08-12. I got so wrapped up in watching the Olympics I had no time for anything else.

I really love the Olympics, always have. I guess I live vicariously through them, always having wanted to do something skillful or talented. That's why I also love American Idol because I've always wanted to be able to sing. But I don't envy them, I just enjoy watching and sharing in their joy.

I feel so patriotic and American watching the American team and cheering for them. I wish all the political stuff didn't get all involved in the Olympics, but I guess I can understand why they do. They're such a great platform for so many different views and opinions.

But anyway, I guess until the Olympics are over I won't be posting much even though lots of things are going on.

1. My sis is now working in Bakersfield and I finally have someone to have lunch with and chat with on the way to and from work! I'm so thrilled she's working there.
2. My niece Alicia had an 18th birthday party and I have pictures to post later.
3. My other niece Sarena had her 18th birthday today.
4. I'm going to have surgery next week

But for now, I'm going to go take a nap so I can stay up later to watch the Olympics.

Gooooooooooooooo Michael Phelps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!