Friday, June 7, 2013

The Candy is Crushing my Will to Blog!!

There is a new addiction out there in the world. One more dangerous and deadly than crack cocaine. 

One that steals your will to be creative, that ruins your friendships, that keeps you from blogging! Well maybe it just keeps me from blogging, but anyway, what is it you ask? 


 It's a wolf in sheep's clothing and it's called, CANDY CRUSH!!!

Wikipedia says of this wolf "Candy Crush Saga is a video game for smartphones and Facebook that was released on November 14, 2012.[1] It was developed by King. As of March 2013, "Candy Crush Saga" surpassed FarmVille 2 as the most popular game on Facebook, with 45.6 million average monthly users.[2][3] It is a variation on their browser game Candy Crush.



It looks innocent enough...sweet little candies, who doesn't like candy? The object of the game is to line up three little candies and that makes them disappear and you score points. Each level gets gradually more difficult and combinations of candy appear. Striped candies and candy bombs...oh my! Before you know it you would sell your soul just to move on to the next level.

For the past few weeks I have been mesmerized and addicted! I even got my co-worker hooked so I didn't have to be ashamed to be playing the game alone during breaks and lunch hours.

Hello, my name is Alicia and I am a Candy Crush Addict.

As of today I am going to break the bonds of addiction by following the 12 Steps to Breaking the Candy Crush Addiction.

1. Admit that I am powerless over these sweet little candies and that my life has become just one big Candy Bomb waiting to explode!

2. Decide that I will not click on the Candy Crush app button to the left of my Facebook wall.

3. Admit that I will not download this application to my smart phone as I know I cannot control it on my PC.

4. Make a decision to turn my life back to blogging, to help take my mind off of those sweet little candies and those happy little crackly noises the game makes.

5. Realize and admit that "one more level" will never be enough and I will never find satisfaction and true happiness at the click of a mouse on a bright little candy.

6. I will admit to myself, to my blogging community, to my facebook friends and family and to my partners in crime, my fellow candy crushers that I need their support on a daily basis to rid myself of this addiction.

7. I will attempt to drag my friend Angelica back from the precipice of the danger I placed her in when I first sent her an invitation to play this harmless little game.

8. I will make the decision to not be an enabler and I will not send lives and extra moves to fellow Candy Crush addicts.

9. I will continue to remove myself from the Candy Crush addiction by blogging more and visiting my blogging buddies more and finding new interests that don't involve candy or Candy Crush.

10. When I feel the irresistable urge to play Candy Crush, when my fingers are itching and I know that I cannot fight the monkey on my back alone, I will turn off my computer and find other interests in the real world and not the world of CandyLand.

11. I resolve to spread this message of hope against this devastating addiction to other's that might need my help and to be there to slap their silly little hands and knock those mices, meeses, mouses? out of their hands!

12. And finally, I make the decision today to stay away from Candy Crush...just as soon as I pass level 49...or at least until I pass level 50 because that would make it an even number and half of a hundred and I can stop at that point, I know I can. I will have the willpower because I will follow the above 11 steps...after just "one more level" though...ok?






12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it keep you away from carbs? If yes, then it's worth playing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DUTA you are my hero!...lol. I never thought of it that way. It definitely does keep me away from carbs...maybe I need to rethink this :)

      Delete
  3. I am so happy you are enjoying this game. I have not become addicted as of yet. But I will definitely put a stop to it if I find myself getting sucked in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are enjoying this game. I have not become addicted as of yet. But I will definitely put a stop to it if I find myself being sucked in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have an addictive bone in your body, you don't have the patience to sit still long enough to play more than one level...lol.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the warning. I haven't tried it, now I know I should just run away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Run Rebecca! RUN and don't look BACK!!! It's actually a fun, cute little game, but I am already playing WordFeud, Words with Friends and SongPop, so by the time I caught up on playing with all the people that were waiting for my next move I would see it was 10pm and time to get to bed, and that was when I started playing at about 7:30. So that was almost 3 hours wasted playing games when I could be much more productive!

      Delete
  6. LOL! It's all your fault why I'm addicted to this game. But no more. I know log out of facebook on my phone so I don't see the annoying messages that a friend sent me a life or free moves or extra stuff. By The way, have you figured out that part, when friends send you moves, where are they? Just kidding, you don't need to look it up. I'm trying not to play the game. I'm stuck at level 65 and I think it will end there for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...I never understood that part. When you start the game you have 5 lives, then if 10 friends give you extra lives you still don't get them because you only have the 5 you started with! They were constantly cheating me out of lives!

      Delete
  7. If it was real candy I would be in trouble, but computer games? Too dumb never had a problem with them. Good luck with level 50.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finished level 50 and quit! I am nothing if not determined! It wouldn't have been a problem except that I was already playing a lot of other games and it was taking up way to much of my evening and I like to be able to visit blogs and read articles and check and answer email. I'm enjoying not playing the game so much anymore. I wasn't really addicted, but it was nice to play something so without thought.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!