Sunday, February 4, 2024

Weekly Wrap Up - Week of January 28th

 

    Monday - It was mayhem, coming back from our annual meeting after being off Friday when all our offices were closed for our annual company meeting. Even though we gave our clients plenty of notice and we left our "out of office" notices on email and left updated messages on voice mail, they just didn't get it. I had so many voice mails saying I need to talk to you right now, please call me back ASAP. Let's hope Tuesday is better. 

    Tuesday  - nothing really exciting happened,
we've been having really heavy rain and a lot of wind. I hope my rain gutters hang in there. Thank goodness I got all my trees trimmed in November so no branches will be dropping through my roof and my fence is only a few years old so I don't have to worry about the wind. It can huff and puff but it won't blow my house down! 

Chorizo enjoying the rain and fresh air!


    Wednesday - Lisa and I went to Walmart after work and we captured this gorgeous sunset!


    Thursday - All the rain and excitement is over at least until the weekend when they are predicting super big storms...we'll see how that turns out!

    Friday was a fun day. I still worked all day but I had dinner plans with my two local coworkers and two of our top producers were coming in from Fresno to take us out to dinner as a thank you for all we did for them in 2023. We met up at a fairly new restaurant for Bakersfield, El  Puesto Cocina & Lounge. I had not been to this one, so I was excited to go and I really liked it! I'll just share some pictures now and caption what's going on.

The Group beginning with the blond lady bottom left, Amy, next to her Angelica, bottom right, Gabby, middle is Anusone and then me. Amy and Anusone are two of the top producers and I am so proud to be on their team, they are real go-getters and both do so much charitable work in their communities. I don't know where they get the energy. 

Amy - top producer and Angelica, my co-worker, friend and recently promoted to Transportation Manager!

Me, Anusone and Gabby. Anusone is also a top producer and entrepreneur. Gabby recently was promoted to Account Manager, so proud of her and how far she has come as well!

This is us on the way out, don't you love the decor? They actually served food in those pots and dishes, which you'll see the pictures of the food I'll share.

   

 I started out with my usual, a Jalapeno Margarita. I try to always have one so I can see if I can find the perfect one. This one was ok, not as spicy as I would have liked. 


    These were their nachos. They were so good and see how they are served on the pottery plates. I thought I had taken more pictures of the food but I didn't, this was the only one!

    We only had appetizers, but we ordered every appetizer on the menu so we could try everything. I wish they had a website or that I had taken pictures of the appetizer menu but I was having so much fun that I forgot all about it. It was such a nice end to the work week!

   
Saturday - Had a nice breakfast with my son at Dennys and then we went to the AT&T store to upgrade our phones. Mine was still the iPhone7, and now I have the iPhone14. My son upgraded to the iPhone12Pro. It's so nice to have new phones. I don't normally upgrade because I take really good care of my phone and I don't like to learn a new one, but they make it so easy now the learning curve is not as bad.


   
    Sunday - I'm going through football withdrawals. Thank goodness the Pro-Bowl is today. The wind and rain started while I was sleeping, it woke me up but I fell back asleep.

    Let me tell you it is howling out there as I finish up this post. I don't plan to go anywhere today. I hope the weather is good where you all are at and if it's not I hope you are safe. Take care all!

Today's weather, it's seems like 100 mph winds, but this says it's just 24 mph.








8 comments:

  1. New phones stress me out, but it’s good once you get used to it. That looks like a fun time with coworkers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate new phones too, change of any kind really...lol. I just hate learning new things. It was such a fun time. I used to do Friday night Happy Hour all the time when I was working from the office. Now that I work from home I don't have much opportunity to do that, but I'm saving tons of money on fuel, work clothes, lunch money and happy hour money...so there is that!

      Delete
  2. Nice group of co-workers! The pottery at the restaurant looks lovely!
    May you and son enjoy the upgraded phones!
    Mine is Android not I-phone. I'm going to write about it in my next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that pottery also! Still learning the new phone and iPhone just did an upgrade last night so I had to learn new stuff again this morning. Can't wait to see what you have to say in your post about the phone, you always give me something to think about!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I realize that now that I've been keeping track in my weekly wrap-ups. I am a busy lady. Tonight I'm making Zuppa Toscana and trying to catch up on my reading. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  4. even here in new jersey we have been hearing about your storms!! you look like a nice group of girls, it is wonderful that you have a nice friendship as well!! ALWAYS photograph all of the food, i hate when i forget!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if my comment came through?
    That looks like a fun time with your co-workers.
    I do like the photographs of Chorizo enjoying the rain and fresh air.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!