Sunday, January 9, 2022

Mom is 85!

 On December 19, 2021 our mother turned 85 and we had to celebrate her. 

In 2016 she turned 80 and we tricked her! Instead of celebrating her birthday on December 19th, we changed it up and had a huge bash for her on October 22nd, you can read about it and see pictures HERE

Here's a photo of her at her party for her 80th Birthday.



This year we wanted to do something big for her again, not everyone makes it to 85! Unfortunately COVID has changed so many things and gathering family from far and near was just out of the question. 

So we decided to do a smaller gathering, just her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. Not everyone in the family has received their vaccines and I'm really serious about keeping mom safe and away from people that may possibly be sick. The idea of mom dying alone in a hospital without her family is just unthinkable!

Anyway, because December is cold, we planned a lunch for her and we weren't able to surprise her because it was planned for the backyard of my house and she lives with me. Regardless we had a wonderful time and "Our Queen" was so happy. 

I want to share some photos of the event.

Here's a photo of mom alone with her cake. Honestly I think she is getting younger!


As always, she's draped in red, her favorite color for as long as I can remember. She always dressed us in red as children.

From left - my brother Fred, me in pink, mom in red, my sister Lisa and my brother Jaime. I'm the oldest, Jaime is the baby.


Not everyone was able to attend at the same time as some had to work, I tried to get photos as I could of her with everyone.

Here's mom with me and my son James, my daughter April was missing.


The next in line as far as age in our family is my sister Lisa. Here she is with her husband Sean or as he is known to us Guero. Lisa's son Sean Jr was unable to attend as his wife was pregnant and due to have that baby any second, turns out the baby had his own schedule and I'm proud to say that little Baby Sean was born on December 22 at 5am, healthy at 9 pounds, 21 inches long.

My sister Lisa and her husband Sean aka Guero and mom

 We did take mom to visit her newest great grandson on December 31st, New Years Eve, I'll go ahead and post a picture of her with the baby here, even though the baby did not attend her party! Isn't he precious! Mom was so happy to meet him.



Next in line is my brother Fred aka Federico, named after my dad. His family was all working, they did show up later in the afternoon, but I didn't get a chance to get any pictures! But I did get one of mom with Fred.


Next was my baby brother Jaime and his family. I didn't manage to get a family photos all together, but I did catch them all separately.

Mom and Jaime

Mom and Jaime's wife Connie

Mom with brother Jaime's children, Gabriel, Clarissa and Sarena

And last but not least, I have to share this photo of my mom with our dog Chorizo. Mom and Chorizo are the best of friends and Chorizo seemed to know it was a special day and stayed close to mom's side.


It was a beautiful day and I am so grateful to have this woman in my life, she's been a great teacher and friend. Love you mom and we'll write another blog about you when you turn 90!






2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONSֱ!
    Your Mum looks majestic -as a a real Queen should look.She's the Queen of your family.
    Even at her age, she's got the right figure and complexion to be a fashion model.
    The baby in her arms is adorable! Good Luck to him and family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DUTA, I wish I had her height and her figure, but I took after my dad's side of the family, we're shorter with less room to pass that weight around! The baby is adorable, can't wait to watch him grow up.

      Delete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!