Saturday, January 1, 2022

Books Read in 2021

Happy New Year to each 

and every one of you!

Here's hoping and praying that this new year with be just a bit better than last year, that the pandemic will become simply a memory and that we can all learn to be better humans!



As I do each year, I share the books that I've read in the year that just ended.  I began my blog in 2008 and started keeping track of books read on my blog since 2009.  

In 2012 I signed up with Goodreads and I've been keep track of my books online and it's been so much easier! I love setting goals and meeting them and looking back at the history of the books I've enjoyed through the years. 

Here's a screenshot of the books I've read before signing up on Goodreads: 


What I love about Goodreads is that it keeps track of the goals I've set and the books that I've actually read. Here's my list from 2012 to 2020: 



So without further ado....

BOOKS READ IN 2021 

(drumroll please!)

As you can see, I exceeded my goal! I attribute this to less TV time. Instead of sitting mindlessly at the TV and playing on my phone I watch just the shows I enjoy and Football and if there is nothing I have scheduled to watch, I turn the TV off and read instead. As you can see, I was wasting a lot of time watching TV.

Here's all the books that I read:


I have to say that my favorite books that I read this year were the ones by the author Kristin Hannah. Wow can that lady write! I hope to read several more of her books in 2022!





3 comments:

  1. 48 books? Kudos to you Alicia! You're a champion!
    The other day,I had a little talk with a relative of mine. She told me she had decided on less TV, more book reading.
    Well, I said. it depends on what you're looking for: if it's pleasure, entertainment, escapism - both provide it. If it's active brain power - none of them provide it. Both TV and Book reading are sort of passive mental activity.
    This is an extreme approach,I know, but from my life experience, there is some truth in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year DUTA! I agree that both reading and TV provide pleasure, entertainment and escapism, but I have to disagree my friend that neither provide active brain power. When I watch TV I watch without thinking or learning, unless of course I'm watching the news or a documentary, but when watching just a basic sitcom or movie my brain is off. However when reading I am learning about new places, countries, peoples thoughts, feelings and opinions. I have to be all in when reading. I can't read & think about what I'm going to have for dinner tomorrow or what's going on at work, otherwise I have to go back and re-read. But either way, do what you love and what makes you happy, especially in this new year! May your new year be blessed, happy and prosperous and may you have health, this most of all I wish for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on reading all of those books.
    I enjoy reading and am currently reading one by Kate Morton.

    Happy New Year Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!