Thursday, October 24, 2019

Featured on Art Group.......Again!

Do you remember in September I posted that I had been featured on an art group? In case you don't remember, you can see that post by clicking HERE

Well lo and behold...I was featured again!



I'm so thrilled about it!

Never, ever in my life was I ever really interested in Art. All I ever wanted to do was be a writer and write "stuff". I loved my English and Journalism classes. 

But you know what they say; it's never too late to teach an old dog new tricks. I'm not saying I'm old...just older!

I'm loving this Art Journey I'm on!

I'm loving this Facebook group that I'm in, Nina Ribena's Art Journal Prompts and more. I'm loving that other people are loving my art as well.

Nina gives us a weekly prompt. This week she wanted us to get involved in doing at least one piece of art for Inktober.  

Every October, artists all over the world take on the Inktober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day for an entire month. We decided to do just one ink drawing for the month of October.

To make it more interesting, Nina published this YouTube video using a special pen known as the ELEGANT WRITER PEN BY SPEEDBALL. 



The cool thing about the Elegant Writer is that when you draw with it it's just black ink...the magic comes when you activate the ink with water.

I think Nina did a much better job with the water than I did because I was not able to get the beautiful pinks that she got, but I had fun make it regardless. Here's the piece I submitted, done on watercolor paper.


See, more just different shades of green. I may give the Elegant Writer another try to see if I can coax pinks out of the ink this time.

But the group liked it enough that it was the featured art piece for this week! I think that's a pretty cool honor for someone that could never even draw a straight line!







3 comments:

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!