Thursday, January 2, 2014

I'm No Expert, but.....

So it's the 2nd day of the New Year and I'm back at the office having my lunch and trying to stick to my resolve to eat healthy again in 2014. I follow a lot of blogs that follow the low carb, high fat lifestyle aka LCHF.

One of the blogs I follow faithfully and just love the author of it to bits is Mellissa over at I Breathe...I'm Hungry...

I've shared many of her meatball recipes on my blog before, but today she did a post entitled "Hi, My name is Mellissa and I am a Carb Addict." 

So..."Hi, My name is Alicia and I too am a Carb Addict." Love carbs, especially those in the form of little rounds of fried potatoes seasoned with salt, and little crispy, cheesy strips of Heaven that have a satisfying crunch. More commonly they are known as potato chips and Cheetos...Yum!

It's really difficult to find any foods comparable to chips and Cheetos. Nothing really compares in the LCHF world, but today a friend turned me on to something super delicious that I can actually have on a LCHF diet. 


I had mentioned to my friend that I need to eat a certain percentage of healthy fats but that I really don't like fats or the taste of fats and that I normally peel the skin off of chicken or force myself to swallow it without chewing. 

My friend told me I should take the skin, wrap it in paper towels and put it in the microwave until it crisped up. So today that is what I did and what I ended up with is those golden little crisps pictured above. 

And because I peeled the skin off of my Cajun Chicken Drumsticks...recipe again from Mellissa at I Breathe...I Eat..., they had a super great Cajun flavor; a tad spicy, very crispy and salty...Yum!

They were a nice little appetizer today, I got my fats in and then I enjoyed the chicken drumstick with a side of salad. All in all a delicious lunch!


It's amazing the things you can do with food. Every day I read about some new thing that you can eat on LCHF. So glad there are so many great bloggers out there sharing this information!

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!