Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Fun

So I notice everyone in Blogland is a little scarce this summer. Is it the heat keeping us away or all the fun we're having? Maybe a little of both? I know I've had air-conditioning woes at my house, but as of Friday the A/C man came and it's working great now...I was even a little bit chilly last night!

And I'm definitely having a wonderful summer. It seems like every weekend something has been happening. First there was Father's Day and a really nice BBQ at my brothers house where I got to spend time with some of my favorite people and pets!

Me, Melissa and Chorizo

Then came another BBQ at my brothers house for his son Fred Jr. We combined that BBQ with the 4th of July (actually it happened on the 3rd of July because in my small town we have our fireworks display On the 3rd). And again I got to see some special people...little people!


My niece Melissa and her cousin Maximiliano aka Max aka Maxie! And a little white kitten!

Then this weekend we had one of our favorite cousins from Arizona visit, Lydia, her daughter Daniella and her Daniella's husband and little boy and Lydia's son Mark and his cousin Alex (I think they were cousins, someone correct me if I'm wrong). We had two family get togethers, one on Saturday hosted by my cousin Steve and one on Sunday hosted by my sister and her husband at their home. We had lots of fun, lots of laughs, shared tons of memories and ate way too much! I've got photos to share but haven't downloaded them off of my camera yet, so stay tuned.

In the next few weeks we have birthdays for several members of the family....yours truly included. I'm having a fabulous get-a-way birthday to "Sin City" (Las Vegas) and I'm so excited about that. Then my niece is celebrating her 21st birthday.

So yes...I've been a little scarce in Blogland but it's only because I'm doing research and loving life so that I have even more to share with everyone. Oh...and I've lost 23 lbs now! Yay!

So what have you all been up to?


11 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations to you on your weight loss! What an accomplishment!

    I can relate to the A/C woes. Not only is not working in my house, but it is now not working in my car! An a/c tech is coming by this week to check out our system and hopefully fix it.

    Sounds like you are having a very full summer with lots of fun. Melissa and Maximiliano are adorable! Chorizo's name cracks me up! Too cute!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life sure has gotten busy glad you are enjoying it. From Wa-Wa- Worry Wart! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how full our summer gets so quickly. I love all the different things going on and the ability to EASILY spend time with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Bake-It - Hi Tracy,
    Wow, I sure hope your A/C gets repaired...it is just no fun suffereing. And last week when mine was broker it was over 100 every day...this week? It's in the high 80's. Just my luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous - Hey my sista! Are you still having problems leaving a comment under your name? I can show you how to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle - This has been one of the busier summers for me and I'm loving it. Glad you are enjoying yours as well :-)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are lovely faces in your pictures, including that of..Chorizo.

    Happy Birthday to you and to your niece!
    Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work! Where there's a will there's a way, as they say.

    Have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea, it has been quiet! I agree! 23 lbs is amazing! Congrats! Hard to do in the summer because there's so many parties and things going on. All the pictures are so cute! Those kids are adorable. Enjoy everything you have coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know my blog suffers, for sure in the summer. I am so busy! With that said, my life is about my family. Glad your enjoying yours. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alicia, I'm so glad you are having a great summer. I've been meaning to call you back. I do so hope I can meet you when you come to Vegas. I will actually be in Bakersfield next week. I have a funeral to attend in Tulare on Wednesday. I will only be there for a day or two because I have summer school and I will already be missing both days of class.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Alicia!
    Congrats on losing 23 pounds. That's fantastic!!! Sounds like your summer has been very busy. Here too. With the quick trip to N. GA and tomorrow's bridal shower (which my dil and I are assisting)in the center of the state, we're hopping. But it's so fun!!!

    We're right in the middle of the summer heat...the heat index is 100 degrees!!! Our AC is having to work full time right now...
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!