Sunday, January 20, 2013

I'm Obsessed with Pinterest




Are you Pinteresting???

I am! And I have been for a long time now. If you visit my PINTEREST PROFILE you will see that I have tons of boards (51) and tons of goodies in each board (1,249 pins).

At first I didn't get it. What was the big deal? You go to the home page and just look at pictures of stuff. Ok, kinda cool. Then you can click on the picture and it takes you to the pin of the person who pinned (shared) it, then you can click on the picture and it should take you to the original blog or website of the person who originally shared whatever it is, whether it be clothing, shoes, recipes, crafts, quotes, books...the possibilities are endless.

So you think, ok well...big deal? So you get to that persons site and then what? Well if it's a recipe it makes it really nice to keep all the recipes you see online together in one place so that if you're in the grocery store and you see chicken is on sale you can just go to your board for chicken recipes and Voila! You have the recipe easily at hand and can buy the ingredients you need. Like the Orange Chicken Recipe below which I had pinned and comes from BlogChef.net . I had this Orange Chicken recipe on my board entitled "Chicken Delicious!"

 
 
But it's not just great for recipes. I have a board entitled DIY for Do It Yourself and this is where I'm putting ideas on things I want to try someday.  Like these crayon hearts made with Wax Paper and Crayon Shavings. In fact, right now would be a good time to get started on these in time for Valentines Day. This project is from the Martha Stewart Website.


 
Pinterest is also a great place to organize thoughts and words you see online or you hear quoted in other peoples blogs. I have a board entitled simply "Words" where I pin quotes and poems and song lyrics and other special things having to do with words. Here's one of my favorites from indulgy.com.

 

 
Pinterst also has a search option so if you want to search for Low-Carb Recipes it will give you the boards of other Pinners that may have some pretty great recipes, tips and ideas on a Low-Carb lifesytle.
 
Is Pinterest something I can live without? Sure. But do I want to? No...I love it and it makes me happy and it's the simple things in life that makes us happy right?
 
Even if you don't create your own Pinterest Profile, please go visit mine, lots of goodies, I promise! 
 
**Oh, and I've created a new widget at the top of my latest blog post, right underneath my header that shows the most recent items I've pinned. Can you tell I'm a sucker for food pins?



12 comments:

  1. I love Pinterest and am now following all of your boards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula! I've been following yours for quite a while now. I just love all the variety on Pinterest!

      Delete
  2. Hi Alicia! OH, I just love Pinterest too. I'll have to pop over and check out your boards! Thanks so much for coming to visit.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila,
      Please do and I'll pop over and check out yours as well!

      Delete
  3. I could spend a lot of time on Pinterest. I especially like it right now as a place to store recipes I like on blogs and then use it as a recipe book to cook from on my ipad. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I do the same thing with my laptop. And it's so easy to pin something that I might want to share with someone later!

      Delete
  4. Ahhh, Pinterest is my FAVORITE! There are so many wonderful and inspiring ideas, how to's, recipies, cute sayings, decorating ideas, holiday crafts, sewing, gardening...well you get the idea. Love my Pinterest time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I get you Connie, I get you! At last I'm finding my people, my pinterest people. I've got several more people to follow now :)

      Delete
  5. You've been bitten by the Pinterest bug, for sure! I had a look, and decided that for now, I just can't go there. I'd be addicted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh trust me...you would be addicted...lol. But it's a good addiction, lots of fun!

      Delete
  6. I love Pinterest. I remember when you introduced it to me. I'm a Pinterest addict. Love all the goodies and I want almost everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I try not to look at things to want but more things to make because I always want everything too!

      Delete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!