Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Iwanna Wednesday - Staying Warm in Style

Today was pretty cold....finally! I thought Fall would never get here! I got to wear a new recycled hand-me-down from my daughter Burnt Orange Hoodie Cardigan and I felt so cozy all day. That's what Iwanna today on this Iwanna Wednesday, to shop for some lovely things to keep me warm.

The other day I saw Kourtney Kardashian wearing a faux fur throw. Ok, well when I say that I saw her I don't mean like right here where I live, I meant in my alternate world, on Facebook :-) 


It's a Leyendecker faux fur and I love it! It's perfect to keep warm in Style. Iwanna one!


I've always loved scarves and shawls, wraps or pashmina's. When I worked at the funeral home I had and wore tons of scarves because I dressed in suits and it was a more dignified atmosphere for dressing. Plus I wore a lot of black and it was always nice to throw on a colorful scarf just to get that pop of color.

I wish I'd a had this scarf when I was there. In fact Iwanna this one now. The great thing about shawls, wraps, pashminas are that you can just wear black slacks with a black shirt or sweater and throw a wrap over it and Voila! Instant fashion! I'm a big fan of Butterflies, don't you love this one.



And how are these for color? Wow! I'm not thrilled about the Hot Pink one, but I love, love, love the Green and my sister would look great in the Turquoise and my daughter looks gorgeous in Purple...so sorry Mom, I think you would be stuck with the Hot Pink. (She hates Pink of any shade!)




Just in case you aren't thrilled with those bright, beautiful colors but you like the style of the Pashmina, how about these? Now these are gorgeous, beautiful, bold Fall colors right? Iwanna one in each color please. Wouldn't you feel so warm and cozy and almost like you're at home all snuggled on your couch in one of these? The great thing about any of these and the ones above are that you can wear them to work, to go shopping, out to dinner, almost any place.



But since what Iwanna really is a faux fur like Kourtneys I kept shopping and found these.

First, the one I call Dreadlocks. This one seems very casual which is what I like. You can wear it with Jeans for Casual Friday or to run errands on the weekend, but don't the little tassels look like dreadlocks? I bet this one is softer than a babies butt! I love the color as well!


I think this one is so adorable. It's called an Eternity Wrap and what I like best about this one is that it just kinda sits there. You don't have to worry about it falling off or getting in your way, it just sits there around your shoulders. Like a warm hug... Do you love it or what?


Honestly it was really impossible to find anything like the faux fur wrap Kourtney is wearing in the photo above...but because Iwanna one I have come to the conclusion that if I buy a faux fur throw; like for a couch or your bed, and I show the photo above to my mom, my wonderful, talented, Queen of the Sewing Machine Mom...she would be able to make one for me that would make Kourtney see GREEN!

So how do you feel about wraps and shawls, pashmina's and scarves? Which of the above is your favorite? Or are you more a Hoodie girl? Happy Iwanna Wednesday and may all your Iwanna wishes come true!

"Come said the wind to
the leaves one day,
Come o're the meadows
and we will play.
Put on your dresses
scarlet and gold,
For summer is gone
and the days grow cold."
-  A Children's Song of the 1880's



9 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by to see me. Great post. That butterfly scarf is beautiful!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love scarves and shawls. If it would just get cool enough here to ever wear one. Love all of your examples. Thanks for stopping by and your gracious comments. I really appreciate it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scarves and shaws. My favorite in your post is the one you call deadlocks. I kind of like it. The one in the second photo is also very pretty.

    Iwanna catch up on all my blog reading. I read your post below last night but didn't comment.

    You are definitely one lucky lady. Maybe you should come to vegas and be my lucky charm when I play the slot machines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pieces! Have to admit my favorite wrap around the house is a cashmere sweater that I felted (it cost fifty cents at a yard sale; I can felt anything that costs fifty cents!). I throw it over my shoulders and tie the sleeves, and it keep that chilly spot between the shoulder blades perfectly warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm digging on those bright, jewel colors...and you're right...all in black and that gorgeous color near the face. Perfect!

    I can't decide how I feel about the half a sweater-look....not sure if I love it or hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Alicia! ;) You might want to check out the announcement on my blog post today (Friday). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alicia! I wish it were cooler here! Love those pashminas...gorgeous! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been able to properly wear one of these. It will be perfect in the mirror but as soon as I step away and start moving I look like a cat tried to climb my body grabbing unto the scarf :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been able to properly wear one of these. It will be perfect in the mirror but as soon as I step away and start moving I look like a cat tried to climb my body grabbing unto the scarf :/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!