Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Iwanna Wednesday

Believe it or not, last week I didn't Iwanna anything!

I know! Hard to believe huh? I thought and thought about it, but couldn't come up with anything...so I guess Iwanna'd to not blog :0)

But there is something Iwanna this week, something that I have been lusting after for a long time. Something that I get green with envy just thinking about.

O! beware, my lord, of jealousy;
It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock
The meat it feeds on.
~William Shakespeare, Othello

What is this item that has me quoting Shakespeare?

It's this. . .

This beautiful plant that we call the "Arizona Plant"


A plant that belongs to my sister . . .

A plant that she has grown I believe from seeds my mom and dad brought back from Arizona.


A plant that she keeps promising me she will give me seeds for, but never has!


And Iwanna this beautiful plant. Iwanna it bad. I don't know where I would put it in my yard because it requires full sun all day long. I just know Iwanna it.

Believe it or not, it's not even in it's most beautiful, full bloom mode. I missed that by a week or so because last week it was more beautiful.

We call this the Arizona plant because our relatives in Arizona had this plant, which is where my parents got the seeds for it, but it's actually I believe a Caesalpinia pulcherrima.

There is more information on the website for the University of Arizona Pima County Cooperative Extension.


Just a little FYI, this plant and it's flower and seeds is thought to have medicinal purpose. The juice from the leaves is said to cure fever, the juice from the flower is said to cure sores, and the seeds are said to cure bad cough, breathing difficulty, and chest pain.

So there you go! Today's Iwanna Wednesday also taught you a little bit about this beautiful plant didn't it? Who says that my Iwanna'ing things was selfish?


Oh, as long as I'm busy Iwanna'ing things today. . . notice in the pictures above that there is a metal windmill in some of them? Well many Christmas' ago my mom and dad bought each of their kids one of these windmills. Each of their kids, except me :-(


You know why I didn't get one? Cause I didn't have a house and lived in an apartment and where was I going to put it??? Duh, I had a storage closet off the patio in my 2nd floor apartment. I could have stored it! Now I have a home and no windmill, no Arizona plant, no nuthin!


Ah, woe is me! Summer is come and gone, But grief returns with the revolving year.
-Shelley, Percy Bysshe

1 comment:

  1. Love this plant and the windmill too.

    Thanks for coming by my blog and signing up as a follower. I will do the same.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!