Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Still Alive - I Survived

 Just wanted to check in and let everyone (all two of you that still follow my blog) that I am ok.

I did have surgery on August 29th and while it was a tough surgery (female issues with my plumbing) I survived. 

I was in the hospital for one night and went home the next day, totally unprepared for the pain, the nausea, the dizziness, the discomfort.

It's been over a month and I can tell you that I still am struggling with a few minor symptoms. Nothing horrible, I can get around and I'm in to my second week of working full time, but I can tell I am not myself and I tire easily plus it's uncomfortable to sit for long periods.

I can tell you they did 4 incisions, small ones as the surgery was done robotically which still freaks me out and a 5th incision in my belly button; that one freaks me out the most.

I'm hoping this link works, it's a YouTube video that explains the procedure and it's pretty accurate.



I know, that thumbnail is pretty gross right? Ok, that is all for now because it's my lunch hour and I am starving. Thank you to my faithful followers and I hope I haven't grossed you out too much!

Thank you DUTA for worrying about me. I'm ok!



6 comments:

  1. Hi Alicia. Thanks for the update. You"ll do just fine. Just take your time, and have a loving attitude to your body. Hugs and blesses to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for the update, pleased you are okay.
    Sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you're doing okay. It can't have been easy.

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Alicia. This is such GOOD NEWS . . . Your surgery is done. I’m glad your surgery went well and hope that you get back to 100% soon. I’m sending up prayers for “Healing Blessings” for you! Wishing you all the best! Have a Blessed & Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for being part of my life and the blogging community!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!