Tuesday, December 15, 2015

You Can Have Your Cake and Eat It Too! Low Carb Snickerdoodle Mug Cake

I'm a self-proclaimed Saltoholic! I love and am addicted to salt. What I miss most on a low carb/high fat diet is Cheetos and Chips with Salsa!

I've yet to find a satisfying low carb alternative for those two things. That being said I sometimes do get a sweet tooth. Today I found myself wanting cake. I have so many things pinned on my Pinterest boards so I started there and I wasn't disappointed. I found a great recipe for Mug Cake and I actually had all the ingredients!


This is a Snicker Doodle Mug Cake from Carolyn of the blog, All Day I Dream About Food. Carolyn is a genius with low carb recipes! I've tried several and have never been disappointed and I was not disappointed again today.

This mug cake has the texture of cake, it's just like cake but it's made with Almond Flour. I added a cream cheese frosting but it would have been simply perfect without the frosting. It makes two cakes so I didn't bake the 2nd one and I stuck it in the fridge for another day. Not sure how it will turn out but we will see.

I'm not going to post the recipe as it's not mine, but the link to Carolyn's recipe is HERE. By the way, each serving, and her recipes makes two, is 4.98 carbs. I ate the whole cake tonight but it was so filling that I would easily have been satisfied with only eating half. Plus the cream cheese frosting adds a couple more carbs so it isn't something that I would have every single day, but it's a nice treat for those times that you are craving cake!

Go visit Carolyn, her picture of the mug cake is so much prettier and appealing than mine!

   

4 comments:

  1. Looks great, just ordered the sweetener and will make this when it comes! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! I think you'll like it. The creamed cheese frosting is just 4 ounces of cream cheese with about a teaspoon of Splenda and a dash of vanilla, just mix together. I microwaved the creamed cheese to soften it first. You can add a dash of Almond Milk or Half & Half to thin it out if you like. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

      Delete
  2. It looks delicious. I love cream cheese icing on carrot cakes. Alas another thing that has gone out the window. This getting old crap sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe if you made the cream cheese frosting the way I do with cream cheese and Splenda instead of real sugar, a smidge of vanilla and you can even thin down the cream cheese with some ricotta cheese.

      Delete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!