Sunday, August 26, 2012

Practice makes perfect? We Shall See.

Richard Carlson, motivational speaker and author of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...and it's all Small Stuff says, "You are what you practice most."

I've been thinking back to when I had tons to blog about, everything I saw, felt and experienced immediately in my mind went to how I could, should or would blog about it. The more I blogged, the more I wanted to. Now I realize that I haven't been blogging much lately. I go through my day just getting through it. I need to get over that! The only thing I've been practicing lately is work, TV, Facebook and Pinterest.

So today I decided I need to get back to practicing and practicing hard. Writing every day, training my mind once again to see a blog post, hopefully an interesting one, in everything I see and experience.

And I'm going to start visiting the blogs of some of my favorite bloggers. Many times just reading one of their posts inspires me to write about something similar.

So I'm going to try to post every single day this week! Let's see how that goes. So far this is all I got for today. Since I'm not particularly inspired to blog about something specific I'm going to go read blogs.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back! I've had a dry spell myself and for a few weeks only managed the bare minimum. I seem to have found myself again though and am back reading and writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well cool beans that you came by to visit me. I'm heading over to your place now. I don't know...maybe we all just got the summer doldrums :(

      Delete
  2. I haven't been doing a great job posting either. When you have something to say, say it. Blogging is kind of weird. If your heart is not in it, it shows in your posts. But if you don't post often enough you end up losing your fans. Not that they intend to drop you, it just that they forget to check back.

    I really need to get more discipline and try to take better care of my blog, it is easy to slip into the doldrums.

    Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...I just mentioned above to Pondside that we all had the doldrums then you used the same term. Well I'm determined to do better about posting because it always makes me much happier.

      Delete
  3. I find it very difficult to work all day and then have any motivation to blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!