Thursday, July 18, 2024

My Birthday

    My 66th birthday will be this Saturday. Hard to imagine 66!

    Last night I went out to dinner with my sister Lisa, my cousin Mary Helen and my sister in law Connie. I wanted them to try a new place I had gone to with my co-workers called Mas Bella Restaurant.  

    We went on Mariachi Wednesday, they have several themed nights there as you can see from the little mini menu below. 


    We sat in the bar so we could talk, when you sit in the restaurant where the mariachi is you can't hear yourself think between the patrons talking and the music, but we could hear it playing in the background. Here's a little snippet I took. The sound quality is not great. 


    We had a great time and the food was great. I had the Chicken Taquitos and they were very good and quite filling, they were off the appetizer menu. Mary Helen and Connie both had the Tacos de Papa which are three crispy, potato filled tacos topped with lettuce, sour cream and pico de gallo, just in case you've never heard of them. 

    Lisa had her old standby, Enchilada, Taco, Rice and Beans which looked really good, I'll have to try them next time.

    My sister in law Connie had brought me a birthday gift, beautiful emerald and teal stemless Rachel Zoe wine glasses with my favorite flying creature, the butterfly. I love them and can't wait to try them!


    As we were in the parking lot hugging and saying goodbye one of the Mariachis was just getting into his car and he saw the Happy Birthday bag that I was carrying and he said, "How come you didn't tell us it was your birthday? We would have sang you Mananitas!" So my sister Lisa piped up and said "It's not to late, sing them to her here!" So he did and it was so special and he had such a beautiful voice. A perfect end to a perfect evening.

    Here are the lyrics in spanish to Las Mananitas. 


    Roughly translated...

How beautiful it is the morning 
when I come to greet you. 
We all come with joy and pleasure to congratulate you. 
The Day you were born all the flowers were born, 
and at the baptism font the nightingales sang. 
Dawn is coming, and the light of day has dawned on us. 
Get up, look at the light of day.


    Grateful this morning for friends and family and for the blessing to have lived another year. 




    

7 comments:

  1. this sounds like an awesome celebration and the food sounds amazing!! having one of the mariachis sing you happy birthday, just your group, that must have been super cool. i like the words to their birthday song!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie, a great time was had by all! I love mariachis!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Alicia! Many happy returns of the Day!
    You've had a lovely celebration, and being serenaded with a wonderful song and lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DUTA, can't believe I'm 66! Inside I still feel I'm 20!

      Delete
  3. May these next twelve months be marvelous ones for you. oxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Your birthday dinner sounded like it was a special event shared with loved ones. I do love some delicious Mexican foods and Tacos de Papa sounds delightful! How sweet for the serenade at the end of the day, making the outing that much more memorable. And the wine glasses are stunning! A treasured gift if there ever was one!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!