Saturday, May 23, 2020

Pico de Gallo meets Jicama Citrus Salad

If you don't like sweet and savory then look away...look away now!

But take a look at this picture first, and I dare you to look away!



I get several recipes weekly via email by Taste of Home, I believe it's one of the best food websites ever! They have realistic recipes that anyone can make!

I love Jicama, but had never prepped one and was a bit scared to try it, so I went to trusty YouTube and Chef John, one of my heroes, had a nice video showing how to prep it and make it into a delicious Cole Slaw, here you go if you want to watch the video.




If you want to see the original recipe on the Taste of Home website, here's the LINK

Because I could not find any tangerines in my neck of the woods, I opted to use canned mandarin oranges, which worked out just fine. I also tweaked the recipe by adding Jalapeno (hence my title as Jalapeno is a staple in Pico de Gallo). 

Instead of shallots, I used thinly sliced yellow onion, I love the sweetness of yellow onion. 

We're having this as a side dish with Steak Sandwiches tonight. 

Let me know if you try it and have you ever tasted Jicama?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!