Friday, September 13, 2019

Featured on Art Group!

You guys remember when I started on my Art Journey? It was May of 2016, so it's been more than three years now and I've been pretty consistent in doing art of some type.

Am I getting any better? Well, there's some improvement, especially in my drawing skills. I'll have to share some more artwork in the future.

For now I just want to document an honor that I've been give in one of the art groups I'm in. The Art group is called Nina Ribena's Art Journal Prompts and More. Each Sunday we are given an art prompt and then we can run with it. One person's art is chosen to be displayed on the groups masthead. This week it was mine, here it is. I was thrilled when I saw mine was chosen as there are such fabulous artists in this group!



This Sunday the prompt was to Reuse/Recycle/Repurpose. We had to use just scraps and bits of paper and stuff we already had. I have an art journal that I made using a cereal box and scraps of paper, I'll have to post about that later.

So I did this two page spread using acrylic paint for the background, then scraps of a pink paper I had used on a different project to cut out flowers. The leaves are made using what we call "painty paper" a very technical terms which means we just use left over paint and put it on random papers which we keep to use later, nothing goes to waste! I did some doodling on the flowers and leaves and then used a lettering method called "wavy letters" for the quote.




So just wanted to share this little gem so I have it somewhere forever. Maybe this weekend I can find time to photograph the scraps journal, it's so stinking cute! Thanks for reading!







2 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for the Honor! Your chosen work is indeed lovely and indicates your great talent!
    You've been so absorbed in your art that you've forgotten your promise to your readers to tell them the end of the story with your damaged wrist. You've left them in suspense ("more to come, stay tunned"- you wrote). Anyway,all's probably well with it by now.
    Wishing you big success with your art,Alicia, and no more health issues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DUTA, and yes, every spare minute I have I'm doing Art, watching Art tutorials or reading books on Art. And now football season has started and I do love my Dallas Cowboys! But I'm halfway done with the post about the status of my wrist, hoping to complete it this weekend. Stay tuned...lol!

      Delete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!