Friday, March 16, 2018

Fitbit - Some Motivation Required

On January 12th, the company I work for held their annual "State of the Company" meeting in our corporate office in Fresno.

I really love this meeting, it's informative, fun and always makes me feel like a valued member of the team.

The motto for the coming year was unveiled...

Teamwork makes the Dream Work

They're big on teamwork and the best way to make the team "work" is to keep them nice and healthy. So during a certain part of the meeting they presented each and every employee a Fitbit!


We all were pretty happy, they're not cheap. So now we had the Fitbit, but with the Fitbit, you need motivation. Well they gave us that as well with a monthly contest beginning February 1st. Each person that logged in 125,000 steps for the month would be entered into a pot to win a gift card, 4 names would be drawn.

Now...I'm just a tad bit competitive, I can't help it, I was born that way! Right then and there I made up my mind that I was going to be one of the people that did 125,000 steps!



And I was! Actually I logged in 165,000 steps! Whoo hooo! I have to say that I work with a pretty competitive group of people because there were 22 others that met the challenge! And of those 22 I was one of the four that won a gift card! Michaels...here I come!

They've stepped up the challenge for March to 150,000 steps, so lets see how it goes with that. 

I don't understand the power that this little computer on my wrist has over me but I'm becoming addicted to feeding it steps! It even has these adorable little notifications, one of which says "Feed me"! I know some of my fellow co-workers don't like the notifications, but I really do. I feel like he's my little friend that is concerned with my health and is just reminding me to MOVE!

Speaking of, he just asked me "wanna step out with me?" He's such a flirt! I guess I better not keep him waiting!








2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your winning in the contest! Kudos to the company for its initiative!
    It seems that step-counting has conquered a lot of americans and canadians (judging by what I read in blogs). Anything that promotes health and wellness is welcome and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny how something so simple could motivate one, but it does. I know sometimes towards the end of the day when I used to just sit and watch a TV program, now I walk in place trying to get to my goal of 10,000 steps per day.

      Delete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!