Thursday, August 25, 2016

Throw Back Thursday - What I Was Thinking About Back in 2010 - Vagazzling!

I've been trying to blog more often and as such have been going back and reading some of my past posts and I found this one and thought it hilarious and thought I would re-share it. Here's a post from March of 2010. Enjoy!



I've been hearing a couple of things on the news lately that have captured my interest.

First...and I bring up this subject tentatively, wondering which way to go with it. Have you all heard about Vagazzling?

It seems to be all I've been hearing; on late night, online, early morning radio, emails.

On the way to work I listen to the Bob and Tom Show and for the past three days it's been all about the Vagazzle.

Apparently Jennifer Love Hewitt was on the George Lopez Show and she happened to mention that her private parts are ahem...decorated. Decorated with Crystals, making her private part look like a big Disco Ball (her words, not mine).

So I went to Bob and Tom's website to get more information and they have a youtube video of Bryce Gruber from the website The Luxury Spot being filmed while she gets  vagazzled.

Here's the video in case you want to watch it. It's not risque or anything, very tastefully done and you get to see what this is all about.




Doesn't that just beat all? My biggest issue with it is that I'm just tired, tired of having to be decorated up all the time. Already every morning I have to apply makeup, foundation, powder, blush, eye shadows, mascara, eye liner, etc. Then I have to do my hair. Then I have to get dressed and choose a nice outfit, earrings, necklace, shoes, purse (aren't you exhausted just reading this?). Then there's lipstick.

Plus now you have to decorate your va-jay-jay? I don't think so! It's all well and good for Jennifer Love Hewitt and it beats getting a tattoo down there (and I know of someone that has a tattoo down there that says "Feelin Lucky"). At least with a Vagazzle it washes off eventually and doesn't harm anything except maybe snag your panties, right?

What are your thoughts on this? Yay or Nay on the vagazzling of the va-jay-jay?

The second thing that captured my interest this week is about the air traffic controller that let his children direct air traffic. Have you heard about this?

The story is that a veteran air traffic controller took both his son and his daughter; on separate days; to work with him and allowed them to direct air traffic. The kids are recorded repeating word for word what their father tells them. The audio clips have played over and over on many news stations. The dad has been suspended by the FAA while they review the situation.

Now ok, the dad was a dufus-head to do this, but c'mon. Does he deserve to lose his job over this? It was definitely a lapse in judgement but according to everything I've read, no one was hurt, no damage done. Slap him on the hands and make a rule that no one can bring their children to work and let them direct air traffic and let the poor guy get on with his life. Geesh!

But of course, there are many people with very valid reasons as to why he should be terminated...what do you think?

These are just two items that I kept thinking about throughout the day for the past two days. Your thoughts?



6 comments:

  1. Nay, of course, on the vegazzling.
    When you retire from work, you'll probably stop decorating yourself, as you'll realize it neither adds to beauty, nor to health; it only makes one tired, and one needs the energy for more vital things.

    As for the air traffic controller - I don't think they were hard on him with the suspension.I'm sure there's some rule that prohibits him from letting ANYONE, including children, in the traffic control room , so there's no situation to review here. It's not a usual working place you could bring your children to. In many countries he'll not only loose the job , but also be put in jail for creating a situation that could have endangered air traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the things that I look forward to the most when I think about retirement is not having to do all this maintenance every day! Although I do love wearing makeup it will be nice to give my face a rest now and then.

    I think things are probably tougher now as far as bringing your kids to work. The risk is much higher than people think. Even in an office like mine where you think they would be fine they could run into the sharp corner of a desk and cut their head open and then the employer would be liable as well as the employee. It's such a litigious society anymore that you always have to be on the look out for risk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like all this daily self decorating all the time too! Your writing makes me smile though. Hugs ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Summer, glad it made you smile. Yeah, I think of myself sometimes as a walking Christmas Tree that has to be decorated and bright and shiny. Sometime I just want to be a Cactus :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oliva - Hahahaha! Yeah, I was speechless when I first heard about this. Well this post was from back in 2010 and I've not heard of vagazzling since, so luckily it was a trend that didn't catch on.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!